1. Warmth. No explanation there! You can even do newborn sessions outside! In the image below, this baby was 2 weeks old. The family was a nature loving family and mom expressed how she wanted to incorporate water and nature into these photos at the Trexler Nature preserve in Allentown.
2. Let’s go to the water! It’s a great time to be by water, even by the beach!! New jersey beaches are 1 hour away from the Lehigh Valley. If your family loves the beach, I do too and love to make the trip down to the shore!
3. Breezy clothing! Lighter clothing options less chance of kids complaining about the clothing choices. Actually, the boys can even go shirt less and play with water! It is a win for most wild boys to be shirt less in family pictures!
4. Bare feet options! Ugh who doesn’t love barefoot photos! Babies with bare feet like come on!! It is the cutest!!!
5. Time- sunsets are later so no need to call off work or rush home from work. There is nothing worse than having to worry about work schedule traffic on 22 and rushing home to get ready for photos on a weekday. With the summer date options, sunset is 8 pm, it really gives many the option of having great evenings no rush, unlike fall where sunset is 4 PM.
6. Option with the water locations incorporated into the photos, Kids will play naturally with water= natural looking photos. This boy was just running and having the time of his life. I take photos for the story, what a beautiful story this image implies when the child was just naturally playing.
7. Pretty much guaranteeing golden hour. It’s rare to not have a dreamy golden hour during the summer months! I hear over and over how golden hour photos is a must, I mean I get it who doesn’t dream of that! Summer almost always has those golden hour photos, the sunsets last longer in the summer too!
8. No worrying about being pale! This might not be for everyone but I do hear a lot of moms worry not having a tan! No problem in summer coming home fresh from your vacation or poolside!
9. You will have your family Christmas card done early! Most photographers rush in the fall to make that happen for families- and then stresses you about will I have it in enough time-nope not with summer photos! Lots of time to get your Christmas card out!
10. People are generally more relaxed in summer months vs fall,I I know I am! Lighter kids schedules = happier parents! It really makes it a no brainer there!
I hope this list helps you in your family photo decisions! Schedule your own session with me now by clicking this links! summer schedule